ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The ROMANIAN INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH ON NATIONAL MINORITIES has been established by Government Ordinance no. 121/2000 approved by law no. 396/2001 and it is functioning in accordance with Government Decree no. 893/2007.
Based in Cluj-Napoca, the ROMANIAN INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH ON NATIONAL MINORITIES is a legally constituted public entity under the authority of the Romanian Government and coordinated by the Department for Interethnic Relations.
The Institute has the following objectives: to conduct inter- and multidisciplinary studies and research with regard to the preservation, development and expression of ethnic identity, as well as about social, historical, cultural, linguistic, religious or other aspects of national minorities and of other ethnic communities living in Romania.
- to prepare, coordinate, produce and contract inter- and multidisciplinary, fundamental and applied studies, analyses and research with regard to different aspects of preservation, development and expression of ethnic, cultural, linguistic and religious identities of national minorities and of other ethnic communities formed as a consequence of recent migration processes;
- to organize and carry out specific projects in partnership with international bodies and institutions;
- to prepare, print and disseminate publications, reports and other scholarly materials both in Romania and abroad;
- to facilitate participation of the Institute staff at scholarly and cultural events, as well as participation in other activites aimed to protect the rights of citizens pertaining to national minorities;
- to initiate and organize seminars, colloquiums, debates, round tables, symposiums and other activities with regard to the preservation, development and expression of ethnic, cultural, linguistic and religious identities of national minorities;
- to organize and carry out documentation visits and experience sharings both abroad and in Romania in order to become familiar with other citizenship rights protection systems of national minorities.
- MINORITY ORGANISATIONS FROM ROMANIAThe minority organisations (ro)
- GAZETTERS (for the whole Romania)
- MAPS - ethnic mapsEthnic maps
- BIBLIOGRAPHIES - texts written in minorities languages
- TEXT DATABASEText database
- WORKING PAPERSWorking papers